Sunday 2 December 2012

The TOWIE Experience

So this weekend, I experienced Essex. It was Billy's friend's Birthday and so we decided to embrace Essex to the full and stay overnight. We lodged at the Marygreen Manor Hotel in Brentwood.  As ever we were late setting off so we didn't spend long in the hotel going out, but the hotel was gorgeous. An old Tudor Inn with lovely ceilings and fireplaces and I loved the Lion Lamps.




Anyways, so we hit Brentwood town, starting at a classy sports bar and ending at an equally classy pub-club opposite Sugar Hut (which had a massive queue of TOWIEbies tarted up to the nines outside in the pouring rain). The evening consisted of quick drinking and shouting over 90s dance tunes. Actually I really enjoyed myself. The night ended up with a lot of walking in high heals though, (which really is not my forte) and was finished with a not so savoury version of the card game trumps. Oh Gavin!

I did feel a bit worse for wear the next day, but we decided to go to Southend on Sea which was just the thing for clearing my head. We had a stroll along the esplanade and a fry up on the sea front, followed by the slot machines in the amusement arcades. Perfect British sea side behaviour in the freezing winter weather.

Later, Billy went to see the football with his mates back in Brentwood. So I went for a spot of shopping. There was a lovely cook shop which I made a beeline for and bought some lovely bits including a potato ricer, various squeezy bottles and potato ring things.  This has inspired me to do some sort of roast stack and some fancy drizzling.

However, due to the exploits of the previous evening, I really don't feel like embarking on a roast. In fact all that sea air and Essex pub-going makes me feel more like  ordering a take away curry. So Tiffin Tin it is. Next week we'll have the stack. Sorry if you were expecting a recipe but sometimes a girl needs a Sunday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a message