Sunday 25 August 2013

Festivals, Birthdays and Cookery Classes

 It's actually been about a month since I posted anything on my blog. I've basically had a month of fun, festival going and birthday celebrations, including many culinary capers along the way. On the weekend of 10th August, we went to Wilderness festival where I bought tickets for Nel and I to do a cookery course with the Thyme Cookery School.

The course felt a little rushed but I did pick up a few tips and ideas for recipes which I'll do another week. We made a feta and spinach filo spring roll with several sides and salads. In particular I liked the tahini and lemon dressing and the crushed pea dish, which I made again when we got home, desperate for some fresh food.

 Last weekend was my Birthday, and so Billy and I cooked a special, rather pink, birthday brunch. We made a rough guacamole and spread it on sourdough toast and topped it with two poached eggs, fresh chillies and greens. Yummy. In fact two summers ago, Nel and I also went to the Green Man Festival and this is where I got the inspiration for this breakfast. At the Green Man though, we had it with scrambled eggs, chard and chorizo. It's delicious either way.


 Finally to top off my culinary month, I made made cupcakes. Now I never usually bake cakes but I do like lemon drizzle cake. So, using one of Nigella's lemon drizzle cake recipe's I made these. Took them to the pub, where we all enjoyed them with a few glasses of wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a message