Sunday 9 June 2013

Rooftop BBQ with G&Ts in Tea Cups




So I think the prize for fitting as many people as possible  (well...perhaps a little bit of an exaggeration) around a small table in a tiny North London flat should go to me. As Nel was down in London, we ended up having a very impromptu BBQ on our balcony. As our fellow rooftop neighbours were hogging the outside space with their loud guests and banging Ibiza tunes, we ended up hanging out inside, whilst good old Bill manned the Barby.  I did actually make my berlotti bean pate which I wrote about last week and this went down a treat with nachos.

With tea cups of Gin and Tonic and a teapot of Pimms we had a very merry night and it was great catching up with old pals. Needless to say that today I don't feel at my cooking best. And there is still a mound of dishes to wash.

However, I have managed to go for a swim at London Fields Lido which absolutely woke me up. It was pretty fresh. This was followed by tea and cake, naturally. Andrea and I went to a lovely Vegetarian cafe on Broadway Market - I've added the link to my related links. Very nice and hundreds of unusual teas to choose from.


Now off to make some sort of meal with the left overs of last night's offerings. Back next week with more recipes rather than ramblings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a message